Tuesday, January 11, 2011

NEN First Dot !

Nen first dot is an national event organized by national entrepreneurship network(NEN). It’s the first national level event organized by NEN. I was one of the lucky ones to attend this event on January 10th and 11th 2011. I registered for this event by paying INR 300. I had to reach SSN engineering college, Chennai for being part of this event. So, I travelled in my bike and reached there by 10.30 AM. I entered the college auditorium and first met Vishnu priya (nen consultant, Chennai). Then I got seated, and the inaugural ceremony started within few minutes. More than 700 students attended the event. The key note was given by Ms. Kala Vijayakumar, president, SSN group. Then CEO of sulekha, sathya prabhakar, spoke on social media and marketing trends. Laura parkin, CEO, NEN gave a super active appearance.

Next, the selected 30 startups were awarded with a certificate. All the startups were owned by young students between the age group of 20-22yrs. They were really a great inspiration to many young minds.

It was almost 12.30 in the afternoon and I never checked on my time. Later then, I went on rounds checking out the startups installed. Spoke to few startups and networked with them, Hearing those people say, how they ended up with an idea which was really inspiring. Wish I had some brains like them. Lol ! Networked with twenty19.com team and gave them some feedback on their website, and also spoke with their founder Mr. Karthikeyan.

I also met Mr. Dorai Thodla, a simple man with a coded brain. Attended Dorai thodla’s mentoring session, which focused on technology and its future.

Next agenda was unconference, where the audience speak, and share their ideas instead of the speaker. The topic was, if we were given some money, what business would we start and why? A lot of students shared their ideas based on different opinions.

After unconference, I had to leave early, as I had to travel by bike for a very long distance. Missed the cultural events later that evening. Anyways, I was happy that I had met many people and educated myself enough.

Cheers !

No comments:

Post a Comment